Sunday, April 8, 2012

Liz and Roya - world travelling.....

So, now it is time to begin the planning and such. This year, am off to Scotland, Denmark and France. Also, it is a first for me in that I am travelling with Roya. This little jaunt began as a plan to present at the LET Conference at Stirling University in Scotland. This was a wonderful idea as it was also an opportunity to meet Gert Biesta whose books I had been reading as I plough my way into my doctorate- a lurching, spasmodic and torturous road.
As it happened, Roya thought it would be excellent too...... And the planning began. Why just go to Scotland ? The world was waiting again...... So Denmark was a definite- lucky Birgitte. Love that area near Thisted in Denmark.Hey? Why not head off to France as well? Paris ? burgundy? Avignon? Dordognne ?
And so it really began .......... Paper to be written, flights to be booked, places to stay, people to contact..... And we have done it! But that is all I am giving away at the moment... It is still seven weeks away ..... Still to get the international driver's license etc.......
In Scotland for a while so I will see McBazza and Louise in Edinburgh, hope to trace a few ancestors in Stirling, travel to the Orkneys and drink whiskey wherever they make it!
Now to begin the Robertson search.... Off to visit my aunt - retainer of the Robertson story.....

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time. I look forward to reading about your adventures (when not writing my thesis of course)
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. David????? Thesis?? Not you too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotland, Denmark and France all of them are really very nice place for traveling as far as I know. This really sounds fun and I am sure both of you will create a blast during your journey.


    viet nam travel

    ReplyDelete