Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feeling fatigued.... but am here in Stirling

So.. first day of conference! Before it all happened, Roya and Steve arrived BUT even before that... I was up to the castle! Stirling Castle sits high on the rock and it is about 30 minutes walk from where I am. So , over the bridge, over the river where in 1215 the Scots had slaughtered the English( which they seem to have done at every opportunity!).. and climb the hill to Stirling Castle. very beautiful and interesting . I didn't find it as foreboding as Edinburgh Castle , in fact it was almost a light hearted castle! That is not quite true as it was from here that much tragedy occurred . However, there were wonderful decorative items..... but I really didn't have any feeling about it! Strange really, as I have enjoyed so much of what I had seen. The view from Stirling is awesome...... so I came back to Craigard...

Conference was this afternoon so we have been full on listening and thinking. Roya presented today and it was great...... in her inimitable phenomenological style she took the room by surprise!
More tomorrow.......
Dropped into William Wallace pub after the barbecue as thought we could contribute to the Quiz night but tiredness got the better of we three!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment